"Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: 'Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water and in the word'" (Catholic Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC 1213).
Please contact the Parish Office at 265-5957 to schedule your child's baptism 1-2 weeks prior to the desired baptism date.
Requirements for Baptism:
- Completed Baptism Registration Form (available at the parish office)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Baptism Preparation Class Certificate or Letter from Parents
- Baptism Preparation Class Certificate or Letter from Sponsor(s)
- Permission from Parent's Parish (If parents are not registered at Holy Ghost, they must obtain permission from the parish where they are registered to Baptize outside of their home parish)
- Permission from Sponsor's Parish (need to obtain permission from the church where they are registered in order to Baptize)
- $30 Stole Fee
Requirements for baptism sponsor:
- Must be at least 16 years of age and has received the sacraments of initiation (baptism, confirmation and Holy Communion)
- If married, must be married through the Catholic Church
- If single, is living a chaste life
- Must be actively practicing their Catholic Faith
- Preferably there are two Sponsors a man and woman, but one person of either gender can also be a Sponsor
It is not permitted to have two sponsors of the same gender
Children 7 and older must make their Baptism though the RCIA program
All Baptisms are held Saturdays at 11:20 AM.
(Excluding Holy Days of Obligation and days when First Communions are taking Place)
English Baptism Preparation Classes:
Third Saturday of each month at 10:45 AM in the Chapel (call the parish office at least 3 days prior, to sign up)
Platicas en Espanol:
Primer Viernes de cada mes a 5:30 PM en la Capilla de la Iglesia (llame a la oficina por lo menos 3 dias antes, para inscribirse)